The Head of Mission will be responsible for the implementation of the activities of the component « Support for the development of the continental fish sector in the intervention area (Zoo and Collines departments) » within the Protein Sector Development Support Project (PADéFiP) in Benin. He will work with two national experts, one in charge of accounting and administration and the other as a specialist in the fish farming sector.
The component will be implemented until September 30, 2023, a period of approximately 46 months. Its total budget is €1.65 million and the project’s donor is the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
- University degree at « Bac+5 » level (master’s degree or engineer or equivalent) in agronomy, agro-economics, social sciences, rural development, planning and local development.
- Specialization in Aquaculture/Fish farming
- At least 10 years on several projects with budgets of at least €1.6-2.0 million over 4 years, or at least €0.4-0.5 million per year. The amount of the overall budgets per project and the duration of the project should be indicated in the description of each relevant professional experience in the CV.
- At least 5 years and preferably more than 10 years of technical support to fish farmers: installation and management of fish farming equipment, manufacture of feeds/fish sales, management of a fish farming unit, etc.
- At least 5 years and preferably more than 10 years in support of professional agricultural organizations and capacity building for agricultural producers
Note: Candidates must provide proof of their diploma(s) and experience by means of work certificates or proof of successful completion of the assignment.
Terms and Conditions
- Position based in Benin in Dassa, prefecture of the department of Les Collines with trips to the 2 departments of Le Zou and Les Collines.
- Consultant contract for the duration of the project
- Total annual remuneration of 55,000 euros/year (250€/day x 220 days worked).
- Possible start date: December 2019.
Deadline for sending applications: immediate, 11/09/2019.
To be sent by email to email@example.com under subject line: « Benin Chef de Mission-2019 » starting with the title of the parts attached by your « NAME, First Name ».