PRESENTATION OF THE APDRA
APDRA is a non-profit association of general interest, founded in 1996. THE NGO supports peasant fish farming in the countries of the South and raises awareness of the issues among stakeholders in the North that this activity represents for the development of family farming.
APDRA works for the development of a fish farming system integrated into agricultural dynamics, environmental and socio-economic development by strengthening food security, increasing and improving the diversifying the resources of family farms, by supporting professional organizations representative of the rural world. The association acts in 4 important areas: techniques fish farming, professional structuring, training and research and development.
The « Development of Fish Sectors » (DeFiP) Programme aims to contribute to the improvement of food and nutrition security and diversification of people’s livelihoods through the integrated development of a family agro-ecological fish farm for the market of local consumption. To do this, it targets three central areas: fish production, the economic efficiency of fish farm distribution channels and recognition institutional structure of this sector through the emergence of a structured inter-professional structure. This program is implemented in 5 countries: Cameroon, Cambodia, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire and Madagascar.
The Project Manager is responsible for project management, implementation of activities, management of the team and operational and budgetary follow-up.
DETAIL OF THE MISSIONS
Mission 1: Management and technical coordination of activities
- Coordinate with the local partner ADESA all project activities and the mobilization of resources to achieve results
- Coordinate the tasks and activities of an Administrative and Financial Officer, of 3 Fish Advisors Animators (ACP) and a fish station agent.
- Coordinate team meetings, workshops and exchanges with producers and partners
- Maintain regular exchanges between the field and headquarters, particularly in terms of methodological and technical
- Represent APDRA with local partners
Mission 2: Financial management and accounting
- Apply the administrative and financial procedures in force within the project.
- Ensure internal control of accounting management
- Make calls for funds from APDRA headquarters and the payment of project invoicing
- Ensure the accounting follow-up of the project.
Mission 3: Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Update monitoring tools
- Fill in activity and results indicators
- Write technical and financial reports on the implementation of the project
- Elaborate summary notes, technical sheets and internal capitalization documents and external.
- Contribute to the internal reflection of APDRA (strategic reflection, project management, intervention methodology…)
- Diploma(s): Master 2 or engineer (« Bac+5 ») in agronomy, agriculture, aquaculture, international development, development project management and similar field.
- Experience: More than 2 years of experience in rural development project management in Southern countries.
- Concrete experience of partnership with local organizations, and project experience including scale change issues.
- High appetence for the ground
– Project management in the field of rural development
– Strengthening of professional agricultural organizations
– Tropical fish farming and rural development
– Monitoring and evaluation, database management.
– Teamwork and management
– Listening, understanding and analysis of rural dynamics
– Sense of diplomacy in a complex institutional and cultural environment
– Appetence for the field
– Writing and synthesis skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Contract: employee, fixed-term contract of use
– Based at : Bertoua, regular travel in the field.
– Desired start date: August/September 2019
– Remuneration: according to experience and grid in force within APDRA
Send CV + Motivation Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference to be indicated in the subject of the email: DEFIP-CAM-2019
Deadline for applications: 12 August 2019
APDRA, July 12, 2019